Spicy Crab Cucumber Salad
# 100g crab - shredded
# cucumber - peeled, seeded, and julienned (allowed amount)
# 1 T liquid aminos
# 1/2 T rice vinegar
# 1/2-1 T spicy mustard
# 1/2-1 t wasabi powder
# grissini - coarsely ground
1. Combine liquid aminos, rice vinegar, spicy mustard, and wasabi powder. Stir.
2. Add remaining ingredients, toss & serve.
NOTE: This includes your meat, veggie, and grissini portion for this meal.
Kung Pao Chicken
# 100g chicken - cut into chunks
# chopped onion (allowed amount)
# 1-2 t sambal oelek
# red pepper flakes (optional)
# 1 part liquid aminos
# 1 part rice vinegar
Mash together in small bowl:
# 3 cloves minced garlic
# 1-2 t fresh minced ginger root
Stir together in small bowl:
# 1/2 c broth
# 1-2 t liquid aminos
# 1 t rice vinegar
1. In small dish, combine marinade & chicken.
2. Refrigerate 30 mins - 1 hour.
3. Preheat non-stick pan over MED-HI heat.
4. Cook chicken 5-7 mins, browning on all sides.
5. Add sambal oelek. Cook 1-3 additional mins.
6. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
7. Add onion to pan and cook until tender.
8. Stir seasoning mixture in with onions. Cook 1-3 mins.
9. Add sauce mixture to pan. Cook 1-3 mins.
10. Re-add chicken to pan. Stir. Cook 1-3 mins.
11. Top with a few dashes of red pepper flakes (optional).
TIP: This dish is also delicious with shrimp.
Shrimp Hot & Sour Soup
# 100g shrimp
# bok choy or asparagus
# 2 c broth
# 2 T rice vinegar
# 1 T Bragg Liquid Aminos
# 1 t zsweet
# 1 t sambal oelek
# 1/2 t white pepper
# 1/4 t ginger
# crushed red pepper
1. In saucepan, combine broth, vinegar, Bragg Liquid Aminos, zsweet, ginger, sambal oelek and white pepper.
2. Bring to boil.
3. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 2-3 mins.
4. Add shrimp. Return to boil.
5. Add vegetable, cover, and simmer for 2-3 mins.
6. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper and serve.
Biz's Thai Cucumber Beef Salad
# 100g steak
# 1 t sambal oelek or red pepper flakes
# 2-3 cloves minced garlic or 1 t garlic paste
# 1/4 t ground white pepper
# 2-3 T water
# 100g cucumber
# half lemon
# chopped cilantro
1. Peel, seed and slice cucumber.
2. In small dish, combine cucumber, juice of 1/2 lemon, and chopped cilantro. Toss.
3. Cover & refrigerate to marinate while preparing the rest of the dish.
4. Preheat pan over MED-HI heat.
5. Slice steak into very thin slices.
6. In small bowl, place steak, sambal oelek, garlic, and white pepper. Be sure to coat steak well.
7. Place steak in pan with water.
8. Stir fry for 2-5 mins depending on how you like your steak cooked.
9. Serve immediately while hot over cold cucumbers.
# 100g whitefish
# 2 T Bragg Liquid Aminos
# 1 T rice vinegar (be sure to read the ingredients so that it includes NO sugar)
# 2 cloves minced garlic
# 1 t ginger
1. Mix Bragg Liquid Aminos, rice vinegar, garlic, and ginger in a ziplock bag or dish with lid.
2. Place whitefish in marinade and coat.
3. Seal and refrigerate for 30 mins - 1 hr, turning once.
4. Discard marinade and pat fish slightly dry with a papertowel.
5. Grill 3-4 mins on the George Foreman until fish flakes. Or you can broil for 5-10 mins depending on thickness of fish.
TIP: Marinate the fish in a ziplock bag. That way you can simply flip the bag over in the refrigerator one or two times while marinating. When it's finished marinating, simply cut off one corner of the bag and drain out the marinade and then it's much easier to pull the fish out & pat it slightly dry.