# 1 apple
# half small lemon
# 1 T water
# 2 t zsweet/granulated sugar sub. (adjust amount if not using zsweet)
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Peel, core, and slice/chop apple.
3. Place apples in small baking dish.
4. Cover with juice of 1/2 small lemon, zsweet/sugar sub., water, and few dashes of cinnamon. Toss.
# 1 grissini
# 1 t milk
# 1/2 t cinnamon
# 1/4 t nutmeg
# 1/4 t pumpkin pie spice
1. Grind grissini into a powder using food processor or coffee grinder.
2. Add milk in 1/4 t increments. Slowly stir until mixture forms a slightly moist crumbly topping.
3. Sprinkle on top of apple filling.
1. Cover dish and bake 20 mins.
2. Remove cover and broil 1-2 mins to crisp topping.
3. Serve immediately.
NOTE: This is really filling and tastes so much like apple pie it almost feels like cheating! My entire family loves it.
This includes 1 t of your allowed 1 T milk for the day. Also includes your grissini and fruit portion for one meal.
You can also totally omit the topping if you don't want to use a grissini portion.
# 1 apple
# ground cloves
# ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Core apple leaving about 1" in bottom. Do NOT core all the way through.
3. Place apple in baking dish.
4. Fill apple with 1/4 t cinnamon, 1/8 t ground cloves, dash nutmeg, and 2 t water (water should almost reach top of apple - adjust as needed).
5. Pour 1/2 c water, 1/2 t cinnamon, 1/4 t ground cloves, and 1/2 t nutmeg around apple in the baking dish.
6. Bake for 45 mins - 1 hour.
7. Serve immediately.
Green Apple Slaw
# 1 green apple (mine was about 150g after coring)
# juice from 1/2 small lemon (about 1 T)
# granulated sugar substitute (to taste)
# 1/8 c cut fresh mint (optional)
1. Core, slice, and cut apple into slivers.
2. In bowl, add: apple, lemon juice, sugar substitute. Toss to mix.
3. Toss in fresh mint before serving.
# 1 apple
# 3 T water
# cinnamon (optional)
1. Peel, core, and dice apple.
2. Place diced apple in mini-crockpot and add water.
3. Add cinnamon.
4. Cook at least two hours.
5. When finished, mash with spoon or fork, or place in blender to reach desired consistency.
6. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold.